Best place for honeymoon in Rajasthan – Udaipur
Rajasthan– The largest state of India known for its rich culture and heritage. But have you ever wondered why people have started considering this beautiful state for their romantic gateways and even honeymoon destinations? Let’s see why!
With the ongoing pandemic in the world for the last two years, so many couples have postponed their wedding and honeymoon plans too. But as the situation is getting back to new normal, we all are looking forward to our traveling plans.
And if you are a newly married couple, you must be juggling between domestic and international destinations. Choosing the best place for a honeymoon can be a difficult task, as most people get confused between places they want to visit with their bae to spend the best quality time.
But if you want to celebrate your union with royalty and charm especially in winters, then there is no better place than Udaipur.
Udaipur– the Venice of the east But there are so many things that this place to offer apart from being one of the most favorite tourist places in India. There is a reason why this place is among the best honeymoon destinations in the world. The serene lakes, the royal palaces, and resorts, and the authentic food in the most amazing weather.
The weather stays amazing between the months of September to February. You can have a gala time with your one and only while enjoying the beauty of Udaipur.
From offering prayers at Jagdish Mandir as you start the most beautiful phase of your life to visiting royal palaces and spending peaceful time by the lakes, this place has everything you want in one place to celebrate togetherness.
Here is the list of things you can enjoy as a couple in Udaipur
- A romantic date night by the lakeside at beautiful restaurants like Jagat Niwas Place, The Leela, The Oberoi Udai Vilas, The Lalit Lakshmi Vilas Palace, and the Lake Place.
- Spent serene evenings at the beautiful ghats like Gangaur ghat and Ambrai Ghat
- Boating in Lake Pichola and Fateh Sagar
- A grand dinner at royal resorts like Jagmandir Island Palace, Shiv Niwas Palace, or Taj Fateh Prakash Palace.
- A camel ride on Dudh Talai and enjoying the serene place in the evening.
- Strolling around Gulabh Bagh for a romantic walk.
- Enjoy the light and sound show at Manek chowk in city place in the evening
- Be a little adventurous and enjoy the ropeway ride while enjoying a bird’ eyes view of this beautiful city.
- Visit Moonsoon Place or Sajjangarh Palace to enjoy the serene view from the hilltop offering a panoramic view of the city.
- Visit Under the sun aquarium if you are fascinated by marine creatures with your partner to enjoy one of the biggest public aquarium galleries in India.
- Explore the flora and fauna of Rajasthan at Jaisamand Lake, it is one of the best places to visit near Udaipur.
While the above list can be a small little Udaipur itinerary for you to experience one of the most romantic cities, you can also visit other tourist places near Udaipur to make your experience count in terms of adventure too. You can visit places like Chittorgarh, Kumbhalgarh, Pushkar, and Ajmer.
Apart from enjoying time exploring the city of lakes, you can also choose to spend some quality time with each other and indulge in self-care. From luxurious spas to resorts offering so many activities that you can enjoy as a couple as a royal guest, this place will spoil you with options to experience.
How much does it cost per couple per day?
On average, it costs around 3000-4000 INR for a couple considering a good 3 star / 4-star stay, food, transportation, and miscellaneous expenses.
That does not mean you can not travel to Udaipur if you are looking for budget traveling. There are so many affordable places to stay if you want to keep it in your budget.
How to reach Udaipur
Thes best mode of transport for couples traveling from distant places is Air Transport, Maharana Pratap Airport is about 22 km away from the main city. Flights are operational from almost all the big cities of India and it takes approximately 2-3 hours to reach Udaipur.
The train is the most feasible and affordable mode of transport for long journeys, the Railway station is situated at the city center.
For couples who are coming from nearby places bus is the best option available while traveling to Udaipur. Volvo and AC coaches are also available from neighboring cities to Udaipur.
Why you should choose Udaipur as your honeymoon destination?
While we have already discussed the beauty of Udaipur in words, it is important to let our readers know why we personally consider Udaipur the most beautiful city in India.
The serenity this place offers with the mix of adventure, peace, culture, and calmness is incredible. While you can explore the other cities of Rajasthan too, the experience this city will offer you is nothing less than a feeling of being home away from home.